The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) Project for Matriculants
The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) Project is a skills development and work experience programme that aims to provide young people with the opportunity to gain practical workplace skills and experience within the Western Cape Government. Driven by the Department of the Premier in conjunction with the Cape Learning Initiative, a Special Purpose Vehicle of the Department of Economic Development & Tourism, the PAY Project is an internship programme that will give participating young people a leg-up onto the lowest rung of the economic ladder.
Interested to gain work experience in the public service? Then look no further. Apply for the programme and we can make gaining work experience in the Public Service Better Together.
The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) project will provide 750 matriculants from the class of 2013 with work and training from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015.
Is this you?
- You have written and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in 2013 in the Western Cape.
- You are not going to study further in 2014.
- You are a South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- You have no network or support to help you make career choices.
- You are not sure of the next step after school.
- You are financially constrained.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 24.
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, the PAY project is for you. To read more you can download the Recruitment Guide.
On-the-job training will be provided in the following departments:
- Department of the Premier
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Settlements
- Department of Local Government
- Department of Social Development
- Department of Transport and Public Works
- Provincial Treasury
- The Western Cape Education Department (WCED)
What will you achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
How to apply
Click here to apply online
The closing date for applications: Friday, 31 January 2014.