- Hotel Management & Chef Traineeships at Vineyard Hotel & SpaPosted July 18, 2013
- Standard Bank Group Shared Services Learnership ProgrammePosted August 22, 2013
- John Thompson Apprenticeships (Boilermaking & Welding)Posted September 25, 2013
- Finance Learnership Opportunity at Afric OilPosted May 29, 2013
- Anglo American Learnerships Opportuities (New Vaal Colliery)Posted August 20, 2013
- BHP Billiton Artisan Apprenticeship Opportunities (x 8)Posted September 26, 2013
- Sasol Learnership OpportunityPosted October 28, 2013
- ArcelorMittal Learnership Programme for Matriculants: Process OperatorsPosted November 29, 2013
- Minister unveils 10 000 artisan opportunitiesPosted January 14, 2014
- Relationship Banking Learnership Opportunity at Standard BankPosted February 13, 2014
South African Reserve Bank: Cadet Graduate Programme
The South African Reserve Bank (the Bank) actively contributes to the continued development of talented graduates through its Cadet Graduate Programme
Closing Date: 28 June 2013
The Cadet Graduate Programme equips successful applicants with the required knowledge of, and skills in, the functioning of the financial sector in general and, specifically, the role of the central bank in the economy. Ultimately, successful graduates will be awarded the Programme in International and Central Banking qualification.
All participants will be stationed at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria, starting mid-January to December 2014. During this period they will receive intensive work-based learning facilitated by the South African Reserve Bank College (SARB College). Participants will receive a competitive contract salary for the duration of the programme and an option to join the Bank’s medical aid scheme.
The purpose of the Cadet Graduate Programme is to give young graduates the opportunity to learn more about the operations of a central bank and to equip them for the world of work.
Applicants who have recently completed, or are in the process of completing, their tertiary qualifications in one of the following fields:
- - Economics
- - Econometrics
- - Finance
- - Commercial law
- - Money and banking
- - Financial accounting
- - Mathematical sciences.
Format of the programme
- - The duration of the programme is 12 months. Each graduate is assigned to a department at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria to complete the practical training
- - The cadets are introduced to, and familiarised with, the operations of departments, and the corporate environment and its culture
- - The cadets receive tuition at the South African Reserve Bank College (SARB College)
- - They are provided with a strong support system, which includes experienced coaches and mentors to guide them through the learning process
- - Academics, subject matter experts in the Bank and other specialist consultants are invited as guest lecturers on the programme
- - At the end of the programme successful learners are awarded the Programme in Advanced International and Central Banking, a qualification offered by the University of South Africa (Unisa) in collaboration with the SARB College
- - The Bank also considers cadets for permanent positions at the end of the programme.
How to apply
Click here to download the application form
All interested parties should e-mail their completed application forms and a certiﬁed copy of their latest academic records to the Human Resources Department, for the attention of the Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not include your curriculum vitae with your application.
Deadline: 28 June 2013