Skills Development Programme (Mining) at Kumba Iron Ore
Kumba Iron Ore is offering a Skills Development Programme (Mining) at SIOC Thabazimbi Mine in Limpopo.
Description of the programme:
The Surface Mining Excavation skills programme focusing on (Drilling, Hauling and Loading). The duration of the programme is 6 months. Learners who are found and declared competent may stand an opportunity to be appointed permanently when positions are available. Remuneration: During the period of training learners will on receive a salary but a stipend allowance in accordance with Kumba Iron Ore Ltd. Regulations
You will need
- Ability to work in a team,
- Knowledge of equipment/tools,
- Interpersonal Skills,
- Communication Skills and the ability to learn.
- Ability to perform physical demanding duties.
- Grade 12 (Certified copy must be attached to your CV)
- You will be required to pass a medical fitness in order to be considered for this position.
- Preference will be given to candidates that reside in the Thabazimbi Local Municipality only. (Proof of residence must be attached to your CV)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that valid copies of qualifications and/or licences required as indicated in the job requirements for this role is attached. In the interest of an efficient, fair and objective process, incomplete applications and/ or late applications will not be considered. No accommodation will be provided.
How to apply
Click here to apply online. Applicants can also apply via ONE of the following:
- GSS Local Walk-in-Center situated at the Main Building
- Applications can also be emailed to ThabazimbiCorporate3@angloamerican.com or faxed to 086 212 7570
Remember to quote this Reference number: 710425 in your applications. Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets
If you have not been contacted within 6 weeks of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application had been unsuccessful; correspondence will only be with shortlisted candidates. Enquiries can be made at the following number: 014 777 3060.
Closing Date: 05 September 2014
Via – Anglo American