PPS Bursary Programme
PPS, the only mutual financial services company in South Africa, invites bursary applications for the 2017 academic year.
PPS Bursaries are awarded on financial need and academic record to full time university and technikon students in an effort to assist students financially. The bursary covers tuition and/or text book for one academic year. PPS will not award bursaries to students that already have full sponsorship. Applications however will be considered should the student have a loan. Should any applicant be in contravention with this policy, the bursary will be withdrawn and disbursed to an alternative bursary recipient.
Bursaries are awared to financially deserving students who have a superior academic record and are full-time university students, primarily in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math disciplines.
• To be eligible for the PPS bursary, the student must be registered at a participating South African University or University of Technology.
• Preference will be given to African, Indian and Coloured students (AIC).
• The students must be a citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa
• PPS does not award bursaries to students that already have other confirmed sponsors which cover their entire academic expenses, unless the alternative sponsor is a loan and not a bursary. If the student is in contravention of this, the bursary (and funds) will be withdrawn and disbursed to an alternate bursary recipient.
• The student must have an academic average of at least 65% throughout their academic period.
• The application criteria is determined entirely at PPS’ discretion.
• PPS also reserves the right to change the criteria at any time without prior notice to applicants.
• PPS also reserves the right to withdraw its financial aid to successful applicants should it be found at any time that an applicant does not (or no longer) meets the application criteria or the applicant has breached any of the terms and conditions in any way.
• University of the Witwatersrand
• University of Pretoria
• University of Cape Town
• University of Stellenbosch
• University of Stellenbosch
• University of Johannesburg University of the Free State
• North-West University
• University of the Western Cape
• University of KwaZulu-Natal
• Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
• Rhodes University
• University of Fort Hare
• University of Limpopo
• Sefako Makgatho University (Medunsa)
• University of Zululand
• Walter Sisulu University of Technology
• Vaal University of Technology
• Cape Peninsula University of Technology
• Central University of Technology
• Durban University of Technology
• Mangosuthu University of Technology
For more information about PPS bursaries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Closing date is 31 December 2016 and successful candidates will be informed by January 2017. Click here to apply online