Packaging Learnership Programme at SAB
The South African Breweries (SAB) invites applications for Packaging Learnerships at the Johannesburg-based, Alrode Brewery, Africa’s largest brewery. The purpose of this program is to provide unemployed youth with an opportunity to enroll for a National Certificate in Food & Beverage Packaging NQF 3. They will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Alrode Brewery during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Matric with Mathematics and English.
- Technical Courses (N3 & N4) will be an advantage.
- No experience required.
- Self motivated.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact well in teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
A Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) Qualification Framework.
- The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
- The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
How to apply
Closing date is 20 January 2017. Click here to apply online