Paarl Media Apprenticeship Programme 2017
As market leader in its field, Paarl Media (Novus) focuses on the implementation of cutting edge technology and strong skills development offering a full range of career opportunities for the right people. The Novus Academy of Print offers successful applicants an opportunity to earn an income whilst working towards an internationally certified trade qualification. This programme will be based in Montague Gardens.
The programme has been approved by the fibre processing & manufacturing sector education and training authority (FP&M SETA). In November 2015, the Novus Academy was recognised at the FP&M SETA Skills Development Recognition Awards 2014/2015 for best practice workplace provider in the Apprenticeships category.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful applicants will be contracted as apprentices through FP&M SETA.
- The apprentices will enter into a fixed term training contract with Paarl Media and the SETA for the duration of training.
- Training will consist of approximately 6 months theoretical training at Novus Academy and a further 26 to 30 months at Novus Print Solutions for the core experiential component of the training.
- The apprentices will earn an income for the duration of the apprenticeship programme.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- Senior certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent with Mathematics (a minimum of 50% pass rate).
- A copy of the matric result must be attached or else the application will not be considered.
- Previous shift work experience would be advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to work shifts
- An eye for detail – especially exceptional colour perception
- A technical foundation would be of great benefit to the successful incumbent
How to apply
Applications close on 14 November 2016. Click here to apply online