Learnership Programme at Sandvik
Sandvik is offering a learnership opportunity for a finance graduate. The purpose of this Learnership is to obtain workplace skills and professionalism (Business Etiquette) and to put into practice the theory you have been taught. The majority of Learners are placed in the department that correlates with their qualification. We aim to have clearly defined roles forLearners to ensure that the theoretical understanding gained whilst studying is tested and enhanced through practical application.
Sandvik is an engineering group in tooling, materials technology, mining and construction.
Key performance areas
- Travel claims processed according to Sandvik Policies and procedures
- Preparing journals and process accurately to GL accounts and cost centersPreparing payment requisitions accurately with correct GL accounts and cost centers
- Correct filing methods according to Sandvik instructions
- Reconcile Accounts Payable (BCD), capture and pay the supplier on time without unresolved queries
- Liase with customer/supplier to resolve claim related/supplier queries
- Keep to the set deadlines/turn around times
- Targets met within deadline set by Supervisor and line Manager
- Generating weekly reports on outstanding queries
- Matric (Grade 12).
- National Diploma in a Finance related field
- The ability to work efficiently within a team environment and complete duties in an autonomous manner.
- Performance oriented and willing to make a positive contribution to team success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate, liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Commitment to excellence and timeliness in internal client service
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Must be able to work independently
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure for long periods.
How to apply
Applications close on 24 March 2017. Click here to apply online