Learnership Programme at General Electric
General Electric (GE) South Africa is offering Business Pratice Learnership opportunities within the Power Steam Power Systems division in Johannesburg. The purpose of the learnership is to provide a general guideline for purposes of measuring/determining performance levels during the learnership period and meeting all criterion as specified by the NQF guidelines.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Drafting a business plan
- Preparing a schedule and working accordingly.
- Communicating with all parties involved.
Starting and marketing of products:
- Attaining finance to start the business
- Drafting the product price list/
- Creating pamphlets for marketing purposes
- Introducing the products to potential customers.
- Ensuring that there is stock or products to sell.
- Ensuring that the equipment is in working order.
- Appling entrepreneurial skills and knowledge to the business.
Selling of products:
- Ensuring that the equipment is clean before and after use.
- Recording stock or product, before and after sale.
- Packing or displaying stock or products on the sales stand.
- Selling of stock or products.
- Monitor stock or products.
- Solving customer problems – customer service.
Managing the finances:
- Recording sale on the sales journal.
- Keeping the cash box locked.
- Reporting on loss and profit made.
- Evaluating how business is progressing.
- Providing ways for business to progress further.
- Matric/ Grade 12
How to apply