Learnership Programme at Anglo American
Anglo American- one of the world’s largest mining companies, is offering Engineering Learnership opportunities in the following disciplines: Fitter and Tuner/ Rigger/MC & I/Millwright /Auto Electrician /Boilermaker/Electrician etc. These learnerships are based at various site in North West Province.
Primary Job Purpose
Provide Learner with the required exposure to institutional learning and workplace experience that will enable them to obtain an Artisan qualification at level 3 – 4 as registered on the NQF, thus meeting the needs and requirements of the Anglo American Platinum “operations”. In addition it provides the relevant information needed to journey this qualification to help ensure that “on – and off the-job training” in apprenticeship is successful for all involved.
- Apprentices are required to adhere to all legislative requirements specified in the Learning agreement.
- Responsibility to know what is involved in their trade, to learn and to apply their skills and to serve the employer’s productivity needs to the best of their ability.
- Responsibility to take control of their training, to ask questions and seek answers.
- Demonstrate ability and competence as per apprenticeship requirements within the scheduled duration of 3 years.
- Apprenticeship programme trains and develops workers to meet industry standards for a given trade occupation.
- Programs combine progressively challenging tasks, learned and practiced on-the-job and with classroom training.
- Minimum Grade 12 with Maths and Natural Science or N2 (4 Subjects – Trade specific)
- No experience required
- Communication in English
- Completed engineering assistant phase 1 and phase 2 training
- Psychometric assessment
How to apply
Applications close on 05 May 2017. Click here to apply online