Learnership Programme at Anglo American
Goedehoop Colliery in Mpumalanga, owned by Anglo American- one of the world’s largest mining companies, is offering Engineering Learnership opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Diesel Mechanic
- Instrumentation Mechanician
Primary Job Purpose
The Engineering Learner fulfils a shift role at the Engineering department. In conjunction with his/her team he/she is required to assist the artisan with routine tasks that he/she has been trained in such as maintaining equipment & machinery. The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification and qualified Artisan.
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 with Maths (not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) and Physical Science or
- Minimum N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e:
- – Electrician – Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory.
- – Fitter – Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Trade Theory.
- – Instrumentation Mechanician – Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Instrument Trade Theory.
- – Plater – Maths, Engineering Science, Plating & Structural Drawing, Platers Theory
- – Diesel Mechanic – Maths, Engineering Science, Diesel Trade Theory, Engineering Drawings
- Subjects with F symbols will not be accepted.
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Experience in the Mining Sector will be advantageous.
How to apply
Applications close on 27 February 2017. Click here to apply online