Internship Programme at Health Systems Trust (HST)
Health Systems Trust (HST) wishes to appoint a Communications Intern, based at our Durban office, to provide operational and administrative support to the Communications Unit. This opportunity would suit a recently qualified individual seeking to gain work experience in a varied and dynamic communications environment, while contributing to several exciting communications projects currently in progress. This is a fixed-term contract position which is available immediately until end September 2016. A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s job grading system will be offered.
HST is a dynamic, non-for-profit organisation that supports the development of an equitable and comprehensive health system for the provision of quality health care in South and southern Africa.
- Coordinate communications elements relating to events, workshops and exhibitions including booking space, coordinating logistical arrangements and preparing promotional materials
- Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, support the roll-out of the 90-90-90 HIV/TB and CCMDD Campaign, including liaising with the media agency to co-ordinate print materials distribution, monitoring radio talk-shows, facilitating social media engagement, and participating in field activations and other campaign activities
- Draft the monthly staff newsletter
- Scan the external environment for news articles, debates, publications and resources relevant to HST’s work to feed into the fortnightly HST Bulletin
- Monitor and post content, as directed, on HST’s social media platforms
- Provide administrative support for the Communications Unit, including organising meetings, and taking and disseminating notes
- Co-ordinate communications procurement processes, including obtaining supplier quotations and liaising with Procurement and Finance teams
- File and archive communications resources and materials on SharePoint for knowledge management within the unit and wider organisation
- Maintain the communications contacts database
- Carry out any other required duties within the scope of the job.
- Minimum bachelors degree with a major in communication, journalism, marketing or other relevant discipline
- At least six months’ experience in a communications role, preferably in a NGO or government setting
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Excellent level of computer literacy, essentially in MSWord, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, and Adobe Acrobat
- Basic graphic design skills would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of self-organisation and ability to multi-task
- Interest in and/or knowledge of public health or NGOs would be advantageous
- Marketing, communications and/or public relations knowledge.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Closing date for applications: 7 July 2016. Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV, stating the position applied for, together with names and contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three contactable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via – Health Systems Trust