In-Service Trainee Opportunity at South African Breweries
The South African Breweries has a development opportunity for suitable students to gain on the job experience for a period of 12 months. This position is based at Chamdor Production in Krugersdorp. The purpose of this opportunity is to provide 4 people with an opportunity to enrol for their Practical Training One & Two in their respective fields in the brewing department. They will enter into a 12 month, fixed term contract with Chamdor Brewery during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, to complete their National Diploma at NQF5 level.
In-Service Training (IST) is a structured learning programme that combines off-the-job learning and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The off-the- job component of P1 & 2 covers more theoretical aspects of the learning with work-based learning providing the opportunity for application of the theory and the further practical learning experiences required. Further characteristics of this IST programme is:
- This IST leads to a national qualification registered on the National Qualification Framework at NQF5 level.
- The qualification is based on SAQA registered unit standards coupled with HET institutions where students have obtained an S4 qualification
- .Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilising a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance
- Minimum S4 qualification in Chemical Engineering or Bio Technology to qualify through the students HET institution in order to be eligible for the P1 & P2 programmes.
- Working experience would be an added advantage.
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact well in teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Thrive in a fast paced, pressurized and competitive environment.
- The ability to apply theoretical scientific principles in the development of novel business solutions.
- Well developed decision making skills.
- Identifiy and apply new trends.
- A passion for quality and people
- High energy levels and a positive attitude
How to apply