If you’d like to be an intern at the SABC, download the 2014 application form now!
Ever wondered what it’s like to be an SABC intern? The public broadcaster is recruiting interns for 2014 and so if you would you like to gain workplace experience in the exciting world of Broadcasting, the SABC, Internship programme is for you!
- Technology: Radio Technical operations – (Ref: Tech/001)
- Technology: Radio Archives/Librarian – (Ref: Tech/002)
- Technology: Logistics – (Ref: Tech/003)
- Technology: Television Technical Operations (eg. For example: Camera Operations, Lighting Operations & Sound Operations) – (Ref: Tech/004)
- Technology: IT Specific areas only: [IT Security (Ref: Tech/005) , Database/Server (Ref: Tech/006), Programming (Ref: Tech/007) & Networking (Ref: Tech/008)]
- Journalism (News) – (Ref: NW:001)
- Television Production – (Ref: TV/001)
- TV Sport Production – (Ref: TV/002)
- Radio Program Production/Producing – (Ref: RD/001) (Opportunities on these stations: Metro FM, 5FM, SA FM, 2000FM, Lesedi FM, RSG, Ukhozi FM, Umhlobo Wenene FM, Ligwalagwala FM, Motsweding FM, Phalaphala FM, Thobela FM, Munghana Lonene FM, Tru FM)
- Media Strategy – (Ref: CE/001)
- Policy and Regulatory affairs – (Ref: GS/001)
- Human Resources – (Ref: GS/002)
- Remuneration – (Ref: GS/003)
- Matric certificate
- Successfully completed a 3 year degree/diploma in the discipline the application is being made
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office. MS Project literacy in certain disciplines will be an advantage.
- Be a South African citizen and under the age of 35.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Good communication skills
- Be prepared to enter into a learning agreement for 10 months commencing on 1 March 2014
- Aptitude tests and other criteria will be utilised to determine suitability and entry into the programme
- Apply directly to the relevant internship as per the email address given
- Apply directly to your relevant province
There are no guaranteed of employment after completion of the programme
How to apply
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria and requirements for the relevant internship and who are willing to be part of the exciting and challenging world of broadcasting are invited to forward applications by emailing, to email@example.com, the following:
- The completed SABC Internship application form, available on the SABC website. (Click here to download)
- All supporting documents as required. (Incomplete applications will disqualify the application)
- A concise 1 page CV (CV to detail current competencies, experience and skills)
- Certified copies of SA identity, matric certificate, diploma/degree, academic transcripts and other documents as detailed on the application form.
Please indicate in the subject box of the e-mail the following:
- The specific internship the application is made for,
- In which province,
- The relevant reference number which is provided in red next to the internship type of the advert (Click here to view the original advert).
- If your application does not specify the type of internship you are applying for, your application will not be considered.
Closing Date: 28 January 2014 (16:00)
No late applications will be considered.