Graduate Programme at Media24
Do you have a relevant tertiary qualification in multimedia journalism? Would you like to kick off your career in one of the largest media players in Africa? Then Media24 is the place for you. They are looking for a dynamic and energetic graduate with strong multi-media journalism skills to join their Graduates in Media Programme on a one-year internship contract starting February 2017.
The positions will be based in the digital team at YOU magazine in Cape Town. You must have a desire to tell stories, be immersed in digital media and be able to drive your own learning and career. The position has been designed to provide a graduate with an entrance into the workplace in the rapidly changing world of Media24.
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in newspapers, magazines, digital publishing, printing, distribution, book publishing, online services and ecommerce. It is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
- A tertiary qualification in journalism with strength in video production and digital publishing.
- The ideal candidate must have video editing and shooting skills (Adobe Premier Pro) as well as the ability to write and edit copy and a basic understanding of WordPress.
Skills & Competencies
- You should have a strong news sense, including visual news, and an understanding of social media, aggregation and curation.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt to different situations, think laterally and innovate where necessary.
- The candidate needs to be resilient, able to withstand criticism in a pressured workplace, and possess strong multi-tasking abilities.
How to apply
Applications close on 18 January 2017. Click here to apply online