Graduate Programme at General Electric
General Electric South Africa invite applications for the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP), one os its six corporate entry level programs.
EEDP is an intensive program for people with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE’s core values. The program is designed to accelerate participants’ professional development with intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Graduates have the technical/business foundation to proactively/continually make innovative contributions to GE’s future. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the EEDP is for you.
This oppoerunity is available within the GE Power business, a leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources.
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of areas’ schedules, budget, quality and cost constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
- Demonstrate analytical / problem solving through number orientation
- Collaborate with manager in setting realistic and challenging operation goals
- Contribute to their accomplishment
- Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
- Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; Majors in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Aero or Materials only will be considered.
- 70% aggregate on final year results
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics, including calculus and differential equations.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in design engineering, manufacturing, or computer science/computer engineering.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Must be willing to relocate as business needs change.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
- Basic understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing fundamentals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- High self-confidence
- Ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated scholastic achievements
- Majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, that have prior intern, co-op, or research experience in an engineering environment
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering.
- Candidate has demonstrated an analytic approach to problem solving and that have demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement, and a passion for technology.
How to apply