Gauteng Department of Social Development Bursary Programme: 2014
Bursaries and Financial Assistance for Study Purposes – 2014
Bursaries (financial assistance) are available to students residing in the Gauteng Province who wish to study at a recognised/accredited higher learning institution within the Province. The GDSD Bursary Scheme promotes career development within the Social Development professions and scarce skills.
Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to be part of a dedicated and skilled workforce committed to social development for a better life for the population of Gauteng and all South Africans.
Assistance will be for the education, training and skills development of youth who are considering a career in the following
- Community Development (Revised NQF level 8 qualification),
- Clinical Psychology,
- Occupational Therapy,
- Demography and Population Studies.
Bursaries aim to assist in achieving the Employment Equity imperatives within the National Skills Development Strategy and the Department of Social Development’s strategic priorities.
The selection of candidates is within the framework of the Departmental policies, but preference will be given to:
- Youth with a disability
- Youth leaving child and youth care facilities (including places of safety and children’s homes)
- Students that have gained university entrance to study in the year 2014
- Students that excel academically with at least a C Symbol Aggregate in Matric
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the department as scarce skills such as Community Development, Demography, Clinical Psychology, Population Studies and Occupational Therapy
- Applicants that have been permanent residents within the Gauteng Province for at least one year prior to application
- Applicants that are South African citizens.
All successful applicants will be required to enter into contractual agreements with the Department. Application forms are obtainable at the reception desk at the Department of Social Development, 75 Commissioner Street, Perm Building, or any of the offices situated in Gauteng.
How to apply
Applicants are required to forward their applications directly to the above offices. Enquiries: Mr David Kgasago, tel : (011) 355 7954/ Ms Dikeledi Kutu, tel: (011) 355 7616
Closing date: 11 October 2013
If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.