Bursary Programme at Gauteng Department of Social Development 2016
The Department of Social Development has Bursaries (financial assistance) for students residing in the Gauteng Province who wish to study at a recognized/ accredited higher learning institution within the Province.
The GDSD Bursary Scheme promotes career development within the Social Development professions and scarce skills. Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to be part of a dedicated and skilled workforce committed to social development for a better life for the population of Gauteng and all South Africans.
Assistance will be for the education, training and skills development of youth who are considering a career in Community Development (Revised NQF level 8 qualification), Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Occupational therapy, Demography and Population Studies. Bursaries aim to assist in achieving the Employment Equity imperatives within the National Skills Development Strategy and the Department of Social Development’s strategic priorities.
The selection of candidates are within the framework of the Departmental policies but Preference will be given to:
- Youth with a disability
- Youth leaving child and youth care facilities ( incl. places of safety and children’s homes). • Students that have gained university entrance to study in the year 2016.
- Students that excel academically with at least a C Symbol Aggregate in Matric.
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme. • Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the department as scarce skills such as Community Development, Demography and Population Studies, Clinical Psychology, Social Work and Occupational Therapy.
- Applicants that have been permanent residents within the Gauteng Province for at least one-year prior to application.
- Applicants that are South African citizens. All successful applicants will be required to enter into contractual agreements with the Department.
How to apply
Closing date is 12 October 2015. Application forms are obtainable at any Social Development Regional Office or Institution situated in Gauteng. The form can also be downloaded online
Applicants are required to forward their applications directly to the above offices.
Enquiries: Mr. Veli Ngobese, at tel: (011) 227 0065 / Ms Dikeledi Kutu, at tel: (011) 355 7616
If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
To subscribe for FREE Job Alerts, simply SAVE our WhatsApp number which is 0743435891 in your phone as Take5 Mobile. Then send a message via WhatsApp with your name, surname plus either Learnership, Internship, Graduate Job or Bursary, depending on which opportunities you’re interested in.