Bursary Opportunities at Gert Sibande District Municipality
The municipality is inviting students within the Gert Sibande District to apply for bursaries to be awarded for 2015 academic year in the following fields of study:
- Engineering (Civil and Electrical)
- Information Technology
- Municipal / Environment Health
- Applicants must have been admitted or are in the process of admission at a recognised South African Higher education Institution for full-time studies towards a formal undergraduate qualification aligned to the National Qualification Framework (NQF)
- Applicants must be South African citizens resident in the Gert Sibande district and from previously disadvantaged groups (especially women and people living with disabilities)
- Applicants must not be beneficiaries of other bursary schemes, have signed a contract of employment, have accepted a training contract with any other institution
- Applicants must be willing to be interviewed by GSDM representatives when necessary
How to apply
Submit a standard form (download here), a copy of an academic record and proof of acceptance with a recognised South African Institution of Higher Learning, Certified copy of proof of residential or home address (it is the intention demographically distributed within the Gert Sibande Region), certified copy of an Identity Document, an affidavit or proof of family income or main sponsor towards your studies (certified copies9, confirmation or proof of acceptance / registration and motivation why bursary should be offered to you. It must be sent to Mr MA Barnabas, Senior Manager: Human Resources and Administration, Gert Sibande District Municipality, PO Box 1748, Ermelo 2350.
Enquiries should be directed to Ms Patricia Mahlaba at 017 801 7037
Due to the ongoing strike at the post Office, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application reaches the GSDM office before / on the closing date. Bursary applicants can submit their application at any of local municipality offices within the Gert Sibande District.