Armscor Apprenticeship Opportunities
Armscor Dockyard in Simon’s Town invites applications for training as Apprentices at its Training Centre in the Western Cape from 1 April 2014
Opportunities are available in the following trade disciplines:
- Welder (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/11 )
- Rigger (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/12)
- Spraypainter (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/13)
- Electrical Fitter (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/14 )
- Armature Winder (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/15)
- Electrician (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/16)
- Marine Fitter (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/17)
- Mechanical Fitter (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/18)
- Pipe Fitter (Ref. Nr. DY14/3/19)
- Applicants must have passed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science.
- A National Certificate (Vocational) would be an advantage.
How to apply
Please click here to apply or fax your applications to 021 787 4020. NB: Please clearly indicate choice of trade discipline and the applicable reference number in the subject heading.
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copy of Identity Document and certified copies of academic qualifications.
Closing Date: 20 March 2014
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Correspondence is limited to short-listed candidates.
- If you do not hear from us within two months of forwarding your CV, you may accept that your application has been unsuccessful
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to psychometric assessment, reference checking, verification of personal data, and security clearance as part of the selection process.
- In line with Armscor’s commitment to complying with the Employment Equity Act, 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.