Apprenticeship Opportunities at Omnia
Omnia invites applications for apprenticeship opportunities within its Fertilizer division based in Sasolburg.
The division produces granular, liquid and speciality fertilizers for a broad customer base of farmers, co-operatives and wholesalers. In addition to its large-scale production facilities, Omnia Fertilizer also has a strong agronomic unit that plays a key role in advising farmers on how to improve the various aspects of farming practice and providing them with the specific tools to accomplish this.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend theoretical classes at an accredited provider
- To obtain relevant plant training on site
- Must complete curriculum for the designated trade per schedule as prescribed by CHIETA.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science (Maths Literacy NOT accepted); Technical trade related subjects will be an advantage OR
- N2 Certificate including four relevant subjects of Mathematics, Engineering Science, Trade Theory, and fourth subject as required by the trade OR
- Technical trade theory program quality assured by a SETA deemed to equivalent to NQF level 3 OR
- Relevant Engineering NCV Certificate with seven subjects at NQF level 3
- No previous experience required
- Medically fit
- Age: 18 years and over
- Suitable for a person without dependents
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adhere to academic guidelines
- Willing to conform to rigid standards of performance
- High energy levels
- Be able to produce work of high quality
- High concentration levels and attention to detail
- Work accurately and carefully
- Be willing to keep up-to-date with advances in techniques and equipment, Good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Closing date is 15 December 2016. Click here to apply online