Apprentice Chef Opportunity at Hilton Durban
The Hilton Hotel in Durban has an Apprentice Chef Opportunity, responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while contributing to high levels of customer service. Apprentice Chefs serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- As an Apprentice Chef, you are responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Apprentice Chef would also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Head Chef. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Contribute to high levels of customer service
- Assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to the highest standard
- Manage customer relations when necessary
- Comply with and have full knowledge of regulations regarding Health and Safety
- Undertake any reasonable duties that may be assigned by the Head chef or senior manager in the hotel
- Complete all aspects of the training programme including the mandatory in-service theory prescribed by the Program.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Matric and at least a culinary certificate
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Willingness to learn
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
How to apply
Click here to apply online.