- Hotel Management & Chef Traineeships at Vineyard Hotel & SpaPosted July 18, 2013
- Standard Bank Group Shared Services Learnership ProgrammePosted August 22, 2013
- John Thompson Apprenticeships (Boilermaking & Welding)Posted September 25, 2013
- Finance Learnership Opportunity at Afric OilPosted May 29, 2013
- Anglo American Learnerships Opportuities (New Vaal Colliery)Posted August 20, 2013
- FNB Learnership Opportunity (Joburg)Posted September 27, 2013
- Teaching Internships / Learnership at Redhill SchoolPosted October 28, 2013
- Wanted: Learner Lab Assistant at AMPATHPosted December 1, 2013
- Learnership Programme at Bytes People Solutions – 2014Posted January 16, 2014
- Business Experience Programme at Ernst & Young (EY)Posted February 13, 2014
Motsepe Foundation National Roadshow continues
The Motsepe Foundation has embarked on a wide range of philanthropic projects over the past 10 years and has undertaken numerous projects, which include:
- Structural projects such as improving school facilities, churches and roads;
- Making donations to religious and faith-based organisations and traditional leaders for their communities;
- Women empowerment initiatives; and
- Programmes in regard to education and healthcare for children, women and the youth.
The Motsepe Foundation National Roadshow will be getting into Phase Two, with R200-million to be allocated before June 30, 2014.
Residents of the 20 municipalities and metros that were visited during the first phase will, during this Phase -
- > The 30 members of the multi-stakeholder District or Metro-Motsepe Foundation Funding Committee and
- > The Secretary of the Funding Committee and the District or Metro-Motsepe Foundation Development Forum
- The Religious leaders in the District or Metro will elect:
- > The Chairman of the District or Metro-Motsepe Foundation Development Forum and
- > The Chairman of the District or Metro-Motsepe Foundation Funding Committee
- A two-page pro-forma Funding Application form will be distributed, as will
- A two page Funding Criteria document
- The process of announcing some of the successful applicants is to commence before 30 November 2013
The Chairman of the Motsepe Foundation, Mr. Patrice Motsepe said: ”We visited 20 District Municipalities and Metros in the nine Provinces of South Africa during the initial phase of the Motsepe Foundation National Roadshow and learned a lot from the comments and questions asked by the local residents concerning the establishment of long-term, sustainable, developmental and upliftment projects and initiatives in their Districts or Metros.
“We will be revisiting the 20 District Municipalities and Metros so that the residents will elect the 30 members of the multi-stakeholder Funding Committee and the Secretary of the Funding Committee and the Development Forum. The Religious Leaders in the District or Metro will elect the Chairmen of the Funding Committee and of the Development Forum.
“We did not visit the Thohoyandou, Giyani and KwaMhlanga Municipalities during the first phase of the Motsepe Foundation National Roadshow because of existing developmental projects in these Municipalities which were initiated by companies associated with the Motsepe Family. We however, subsequently decided to visit these Municipalities during this leg of our Roadshow.
“The Motsepe Foundation recognizes that there are enormous challenges relating to poverty, unemployment, marginalization and inequality and is committed to making a humble contribution towards building self-sustaining and self-reliant Communities,” he said.
Districts/Metros to be revisited:
Friday 30 August: KwaZulu Natal: 9 a.m. eThekwini City Hall; Pietermaritzburg: 2 p.m – Mgungundlovu City Hall.
Monday 16 September: Limpopo: 9 a.m Jane Furse Comprehensive School; 2 pm Jack Botes Hall, Polokwane.
Tuesday September 17: Gauteng: 9 a.m: Tshwane City Hall; 12 noon: Sam Ntuli Stadium, Thokoza; 2 p.m: Soweto: Orlando Hall.
Tuesday October 1: Mpumalanga: 9 a.m. Bushbuckridge Merriam Mogokane Hall; 2 pm: Mbombela City Hall.
Wednesday October 2: North West: 9 a.m. Mmakau Community Hall; 2 pm: Rustenburg: Ben Marais Hall.
Monday October 7: Free State: 9 a.m: QwaQwa: Tshiya Hall; 2 p.m.: Mangaung Indoor Sports Centre.
Monday 21 October: Western Cape: 9 a.m: Khayelitsha MewWay Hall; 2 pm Mitchells Plein: Swartklip Hall.
Tuesday 22 October: Northern Cape: 9 a.m.: Kuruman: Ga-Segonyana Hall; 2 p.m: Kimberly City Hall.
Municipalities to be visited:
Thursday October 24: Limpopo 9 a.m. Thohoyandou Town Hall; 2 pm Giyane Community Hall.
Friday October 25: 9 a.m. KwaMhlanga (Mpumalanga) Showgrounds; 2 p.m. Letlhabile (North West) Community 7 Hall.